January 11, 2014

Nature Notebook etc.


While on the island the boys each made a hand drawn map of it and labeled the cities and places we went to. Then we printed a few of their favorite pictures to add to the notebook and labeled what they were.



When we returned we learned about chronology, or the study of sea shells so we took some of the shell we found on the beach and made our own chronology "box"



From our books we looked up the names and labeled each one. This is Zak's chronology box.


Then I found this great website with helpful instructions on how to draw different things. I think the boys did really well using these examples as guides. Above is Zak's Hermit cab, and below is Tj's.



Max did this awesome drawing of the octopus.


Now for more nature walks...


1 comment:

  1. I know that it is time consuming and I'm sure that you are busy but I really miss your blog. I'm going back through from the beginning for the second time as your blog is by far the most useful resource in my homeschooling endeavors. I have discovered such great free resources and discovered new ways to teach my children.

    I know I am not the only one but I just wanted to send you a message to say you and this blog are missed!

    ReplyDelete